Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

what a week it's been!

Goodness, this past week has been so busy! I haven't had time to blog as much as I would have liked {more like not at all}, but here I am. So let's play catch up!

On Christmas Day, after a huge Christmas breakfast with my family, Thomas and I boarded a plane and flew to Texas to visit with his family for a week!
{Thomas and I at Chilli's in the airport, before boarding the plane}

During our time in Texas, Thomas' mother cooked each meal for us {before leaving, Thomas told me his mother was a great cook, and she did not disappoint.}, even dessert was amazing! Some of my favorite dishes were her homemade lasagna, sesame breadsticks, plov {one of the best meals I've ever had!}, and the best, in my opinion, were the appetizers she made on New Year's Eve, which included pepperoni bread, sausage buttons, bruschetta, and tiropitas {ricotta and all sorts of other yummy cheeses wrapped and folded in filo dough}.

She even baked for us! I mean, this woman is a Saint. Cookies and candy made prior to our arrival, made special for us? Score. She made homemade peppermint bark, Mexican wedding cake cookies, lace cookies {my fav!}, carrot cake with cream cheese icing {for Thomas' 20th birthday- oh. my. gosh. he's 20 already!}, and a deliciously sweet apple pie.

{These are the lace cookies. Although the picture doesn't quite give them justice, these cookies are delicious!}

I can't forget to mention the fact that Thomas made dinner on Wednesday night. He made bacon-wrapped chicken breast, corn on the cob, and parmesan risotto. Let me just say, that this was the BEST chicken I have ever had. Seriously, not to be weird, but it was the juiciest, most tender chicken I have ever had, and I've had my share of chicken. Anyway, I'm proud to say that my boyfriend will make a fine chef, for he has my support, and I will always be down to for some samples. {I really wish I would have taken a picture of the meal, but I ate it too fast to reach for a camera....}

Other than eating, Thomas and I went out shopping a few times, which obviously I loved. My two favorite places that we hit were Ulta {my favorite beauty shop}, where I got nail polish {even a sparkly one for New Years!}, and World Market, which is awesome. Basically, it's a store that has all sorts of foods from around the world, along with foreign furniture and kitchen utensils. Needless to say, we were in love. We got dark chocolate almond biscotti, chocolate panda cookies, and cheddar soy  tortilla chips. Yum! The only disappointment was that they were out of the Kinder Biscuit candies Santa brought us in our stockings. Boo.

Hmm. What else? Oh yes! Almost every night after dinner/dessert, all of us gathered 'round the table and played board games. The game that we seemed to play the most is called Fluxx. I can't really explain it, because I wouldn't really know how to, but just know it's a really fun card game. There are different varieties of Fluxx, such as Zombie, Martian, Monty Python, and Stoner. I'm sure you're totally lost, so again, I'll just tell you how much I enjoyed it {which was a lot}.

On New Year's Eve, Thomas and I went out to lunch with Jorge, Thomas' mom's boyfriend. We went to Pei Wei, which to be honest, wasn't that great. I was excepting some delicious Chinese food {chicken lo mein}, but was immediately disappointed when it arrived. It just tasted like an American version of a Chinese dish. Bleh. Anyway, after the disappointing lunch, we went home to his mom's homemade appetizers {mentioned above}, and played board games until the ball dropped. It was weird being an hour behind my family, even the New Years coverage was a little delayed...I saw the ball drop twice. Whoops.

{Thomas and I on New Years Eve!}

{This little fluffer was one of the two cats Thomas' family had. Too cute!}

The only thing I regret about our trip {and overall break} was the fact that I didn't get much time to see my mother. I missed her so much when I was at school, then spent a week with her and had to up and leave her again for a week. And then being around Thomas and his mother during our visit made me miss her so much more. Needless to say, I still miss my mother

{via Google}

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Glad to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were very busy, but you did visit and spend time with me, whether it was in person or texting or on the phone your voice was there everyday. all that food, sure was a special treat knowing that one day tom will be making it for you. I LOVE YOU! jk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews