Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Boyfriend: The Homemaker

When it comes to cleaning and cooking, Thomas and I have our respective roles {he cooks, I clean}. But every once in awhile, Thomas steps up his game and tackles the cleaning {usually to surprise me}. That's exactly what happened yesterday.

As soon as I got off of work, I called Thomas to let him know I was off and to ask him if he had any ideas for dinner. He didn't, but he did proceed to tell me that he started the laundry, unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher, vacuumed and cleaned Freddy's fish bowl {yes, we have a fish!}. To say I was surprised was an understatement. Not that Thomas doesn't help out, because he does, but just usually doesn't tackle as many chores all at once. Immediately after hearing of his accomplishments, I told him he deserved a nickname: Susie Homemaker. It suits him well.
Since we still didn't know what to have for dinner, we headed over to Publix {our fav supermarket}, and finally decided on meatball subs. Of course we got all of the healthier options, such as whole wheat hoagies, turkey meatballs and a smaller bag of shredded cheese. I love to indulge in classic meals, I just don't like all the calories that come with those meals. These options were the perfect sacrifices.
We also picked up a container of ice cream: Moose Tracks with brownie bits {instead of peanut butter cups}. It was soooo much better than the peanut butter version!

With all of Thomas' hard work {he even made dinner!} yesterday, it's safe to say he earned a new title: Best Boyfriend Ever.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet guy he is, busy doing things to help out while you are at work, damm that hoagie sure looks good, and the ice cream of coarse. I love you! jk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews