Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Whirlwind of a day

Do you ever have those days when you've got about a million things to accomplish, yet not enough time to do it in? Yeah, today was one of those days. Except that I did get everything I wanted to get accomplished done, and it feels amazing.

Last night I neglected to prepare (and pack) my lunch for today, so that meant waking up about ten minutes earlier than normal, which wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, but I needed lunch, so it had to be done.

Since I still had about forty-five minutes until I needed to be at the office, I decided to stop and get one of these.
I just can't resist...

Once I got to the office, I was immediately put to work. My job was to fact check the cover story, which was well over 5,000 words. I had piles upon piles of paperwork, emails and charts to go through. It took me a total of four hours to get through it all. Talk about thoroughness! It's okay, though. Thanks to my help, the story is accurate, and Billy {the writer} can rest assured knowing that his article is error-free. I really do love my job as intern, even completing the tedious tasks makes me happy. I can't wait until I actually have a career in this field!

After all that fact checking, it was time to write my own story. My editor {goodness, it sounds weird to say that!} really wants the paper's interns to gain as much experience as we can, so she's constantly giving story assignments. Mine was due today. Like I said here, I work well with a deadline, so I typed away until it was exactly time for me to pack up and head home. Woo, it was a close one!

Of course rush hour traffic was in full swing. But, I powered through it and eventually made it home. After spending a few hours relaxing, I headed out for a run. It started sprinkling an hour before I left, but it held up during the entirety of my run {three miles}.

Ever since I've stopped running cross country {I was on the team in high school}, I haven't really put in the mileage that I used to be able to. It's not that I can't, it's just that I prefer shorter, sporadic runs, as opposed to long, lingering runs. I'll get there, but it's just taking some time.

As for now, I think I'm going to head to the kitchen because a nice, creamy bowl of brownie Moose Tracks is calling my name....and I can't say no!

1 comment:

  1. well under pressure again and you pulled it off, now about that coffee this morning, where is mine? Oh i know i also had time today to stop and get one with my best friend nancy, but it wasnt ther it was at our favorite gas station, and also had time to talk a few before work. now about running forget it not for me anymore. so you keep on running and i will keep on typing away on your blogs. love you! jk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews