Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back In Action


I had a wonderful time at home {even if it was only for a few days}, but I'm back and ready to finish out my summer internship. Just four more days left to go, and then I'm homebound!

With my internship coming to an end, I'm beginning to feel a little sad. I've had such an amazing time working for great people, gaining tons of experience and finally finding my calling.

I could go on and on about how much I've loved my internship, but I think I'll just finish up by saying how thankful I am that Orlando Weekly took a chance on me. I came in with little to no experience, and they accepted me with open arms. I thought that going in without clips would hinder me, but in fact, it helped me. OW gave me many story assignments confident that I could do them all- and I did! 

I've loved every minute of my time spent with OW. A part of me would love to stay with the paper even longer, but I know that it's time for me to find what works best for me. Writing for an alternative publication is fun, but my interest in writing tends to swing towards magazine-style writing.

So here's to hoping I find a great opportunity with a magazine that's just as fun and exciting as working for OW!

{via}

1 comment:

  1. you did great this summer at ow, and cant wait till the next experience you get. love you jk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews