Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

HARRY POTTER

It's no secret that the latest (and final) installment of the Harry Potter movies came this week. It's also no secret that I'm in love with the series (books and movies). Which means that I was obviously one of the diehard fans who braved the crowds for the midnight premiere on Thursday night.

It was magical. (pun intended)


Thomas and I went on a mini date before heading to the theatre, which was also magical. I was craving a big, leafy salad, but after a failed attempt for Sweet Tomatoes (it was closed), we hurried (and made it just in time before closing) to Panera. I ordered the strawberry poppyseed salad, but was quite surprised when I received a salad with....no strawberries. (It was ten minutes to closing, so I understand that they were probably short of supplies.) It was delicious nonetheless.

After a quick (think scarfing down our dinners in t-minus ten minutes or less) dinner, we went for dessert! It was the second time this week that we've been to Menchie's, but it's just so delicious we couldn't resist!

Once out bellies were full, we headed to the PACKED theatre. Um, wow, to say it was crowded is an understatement. But we quickly found seats and waiting patiently for our beloved movie to begin (yeah right, we were so excited, we couldn't sit still!).

The movie was amazing, but bittersweet. I was so happy that the movie turned out to well (and accurate), but I'm so sad it's finally over. I feel like a piece of my childhood has ended. I guess this means I need to re-read the books so I can forever feel like a kid!

Have you seen the new Harry Potter movie yet? Do you plan to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews