Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Long Distance Thing

{Yes, Thomas didn't want to pose with me, so I did what any sneaky photographer would do: take the picture anyway without him noticing, during his extreme gaming marathon. It's okay, he loves me. Also worth noting, in terrible light, the front-side camera on my iPhone suuuuucks.}

My room is bare, the car is packed and the fridge is empty. I'm ready to go home. 

Except that I'm not.

I don't want to leave Thomas. I know, I know, it was only a few months ago that I was wishing I were at home with my family, but now I can't imagine being away from T. We've spent the entire summer together {every. waking. moment.}, and now that I have to leave, it just feels wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thrilled to be in the company of my friends and family again {even if it is for two weeks}, but there's a part of me that would very much like to stay and continue going on dates with my favorite guy.

After tomorrow we will once again be in a long distance relationship. We've successfully defeated the cliche {you know, the one that claims we'll never make it?} for well over two years now, but I'm ready for us to permanently reside in the same zip code for more than three months at a time. Just two more years of waiting and finally we'll be able to make that happen.

Until then, late night phone calls and surprise visits are on the agenda. This I can handle, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, same boat! I'm counting, and dreading the days left until Nicky leaves. This long distance stuff is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he will come visit as much as he can, and you will continue to visit with family and friends until the day comes to go back to school.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews