Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Family Time and a Surprise

As a belated birthday celebration, my family came to visit me at school for the weekend.

Apparently they are good at keeping secrets, too, because they didn't even tell me they'd be bringing along my best friend Nikki.


As soon as they arrived, we headed out to lunch at a cute, little lunch spot that specializes in their homemade quiches. If you're a quiche fan, this is the place to be. Then we did some shopping. We stopped in some on of the vintage and thrift shops located around town. 


After a quick coffee break, I decided to take them around my campus -- it's been three and a half years and they have yet to see all of what my school has to offer-- so it was time. We spent between two and three hours wandering around campus until it was time for some dinner.


We went to one of my favorite restaurants in town -- the Top. They have the best sweet potato fries I've ever had in my life. My mom loved them so much she ordered another side of them! I'm telling you, they are amazing.


After an obligatory trip to Target, we headed home and order some dessert -- Midnight Cookies. Midnight Cookies is a cookie delivery service that makes the best cookies in town. They were loved by all.

The next morning we said our goodbyes and they went on their way home. I had a wonderful time with my family and Nikki. And now that Nikki has visited, she is now obligated to come back -- soon!


1 comment:

  1. it was an awesome weekend, loved every minute of it. thank you for the weekend retreat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews